Old 16-10-2009, 01:30 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
ReelMcKoi ReelMcKoi is offline

Default Ponds vanishing

"Nanzi" wrote in message

We're still enjoying our pond - would enjoy it better if it were not
leaking!!!!! We still haven't found the leak and plan to install a new
liner, probably next spring. Hope the fish like the little upper pond
for a couple of days whilst we get the new one in. Won't move them til
the last possible time. Gonna be crowded in there.
On 2 acres the #%^$%@& branch could have fallen in another 10 x 17 ft
area, ya know? Last time it was a 3' round area with a beautiful
ornamental Japanese maple that lost a branch to a falling branch. Just
unlucky I guess.

:: That's a real bummer. So far we haven't had any problems with branches
falling in. Our liners are still in excellent condition. One is from 1996,
the other
a few years younger.

Pond is crystal, gin, clear but much lower than usual. Fish are still
eating and happy, and we still have early evening cocktails with them.
I have seen no decrease of ponds in our area. Hope the supplies don't
get hard to find, but then there are loads of online sites, and the
big ponders are not going to disappear - they have too much invested
to just quit!!
Happy Ponding, Nan in DE

:: Each area may be a little different. There was a house for sale recently,
not to far
from here. The new owners must have removed the pond since it's gone. There
are only 2 of us left with ponds in this road as far as I know.

You can always buy pond supplies online. Sometimes I miss the fish but sure
don't
miss the work involved. ;-) I removed the nets and filters. I have a pump
in each pond to keep
the water from getting stagnant - that's it. I just shut them off today.
--
If you're a past or present resident of