Old 17-10-2009, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default could someone remind me what this plant is, please

In message , shazzbat
writes

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27317581@N06/4020321462/
-- Stewart Robert Hinsley

It's name is something like houtyinia IIRC

Steve

Thanks. It's Houttuynia cordata 'Chamaeleon' (aka 'Variegata'). The RHS
Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers has it as a water (marginal) plant,
which would explain why I didn't find it in there - I found it growing
in a stretch of gravel alongside a residential road.

(I thought the name began with H, but all my memory was giving me was
Hacquetia, and I'd already confirmed that it wasn't that.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley