Old 18-10-2009, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default could someone remind me what this plant is, please

"Stewart Robert Hinsley" wrote ...
shazzbat writes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27317581@N06/4020321462/

It's name is something like houtyinia IIRC

Thanks. It's Houttuynia cordata 'Chamaeleon' (aka 'Variegata'). The RHS
Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers has it as a water (marginal) plant,
which would explain why I didn't find it in there - I found it growing in
a stretch of gravel alongside a residential road.

(I thought the name began with H, but all my memory was giving me was
Hacquetia, and I'd already confirmed that it wasn't that.)

Glad it's not just me that does that.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden