Old 18-10-2009, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bobbie[_9_] Bobbie[_9_] is offline

Default could someone remind me what this plant is, please

Jennifer Sparkes wrote:
The message
from Sacha contains these words:

On 2009-10-17 21:01:08 +0100, Stewart Robert Hinsley
said:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27317581@N06/4020321462/

Looks like a Houttuynia cordata Chameleon but we've known of one very
similar called Tricolour, so...... The colour variation changes
according to exposure to sun - some say it can be invasive.

Invasive it certainly is I am still trying to get rid of it ... :-(

Jennifer

Mine is planted as a pond marginal and I have managed to contain its
wondering habit with a cut down pond plant basket. It works a treat and
its glorious colour has been a joy all summer and here in Dorset still is.

Bobbie
--
http://thingamabobs.co.uk/imagesofcanfordheath5.html