Old 18-10-2009, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mark mark is offline

Default Chickens killing my garden

wrote in message
mark wrote:
Having kept chickens, I found the only thing they wouldn't touch was
nettles
and a rosemary bush.

Just caught them munching the fennel that they've previously ignored.
*sigh*
Rosemary is a possibility. If I took cuttings from my current one and
planted them along the edge of the fence with next door, that may
disuade them from visiting the neighbours so much.

You'd probably get away with just a 1m high chicken wire fence. Although
chickens can jump a lot higher than this, they always jump up on to
something rigid first then jump down. So a 1m chicken wire fence would be
better than a 6 foot panel fence for keeping them in. Also the bigger the
bird the less likely they are to attempt anything athletic!

mark