Old 22-10-2009, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Cam in Toronto[_2_] Cam in Toronto[_2_] is offline

Default Best Lighting System

On Oct 21, 10:15*am, Larry B wrote:
I have a 46 gallon Oceanic bowfront freshwater community tank
populated with a few real plants and am considering the purchase of
replacement lamps or a new lighting system.

I currently have a 36" Coralife fixture with one T5 10,000K, 21 watt
lamp and one Actinic Bluelight, 21 watt lamp.

I would appreciate your recommendations regarding light systems,
lamps, ...

The old rule of thumb is to use at least 3 watts per gallon when using
flourescents.

Cam