Old 03-11-2009, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Chickens killing my garden

On 2009-11-03 14:37:56 +0000, Judith in France

On 2009-11-03 11:24:39 +0000, Judith in France
said:

X-No-Archive YES

The bird is called a *Buse, which I presume is a buzzard?

Judith

Yes, according to my online dictionary. *It's also a 'tube'. *;-)

Is that where the word bus comes from? I know, bad joke! An omni
bad joke :-)

Judith

You sound like Ray. When the sky is black and threatening he says
"That looks very omnibus". ;-) As indeed it does tonight. It's now
pitch black but just before the light went totally, the view was
monochrome with only the faintest hint of green still in the fields.
It was a most unusual sight and I wish I could have photographed it but
I doubt it would have registered. It was just like looking at an old
black and white photo that had been very slightly tinted.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com