Old 04-11-2009, 12:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
julie[_2_] julie[_2_] is offline

Default Fruit trees

So, I took all of your advice and now have the mini-orchard of my
dreams. Thanks for all your help.

Okay, so now I am hovering between excitement over what I hope will be
a nice garden/orchard and horror over what we have bitten off, so to
speak.

This is what we got: Babcock peach (semi-dwarf), Panamint Nectarine,
Washington/Robertson orange, sweetheart cherry (semi-dwarf, low
branches, ez pick), and a pomegranate shrub.

My question is: what is your advice on how to keep the nectarine and
the orange on the small side? We got advice from the nurseries, but
nothing beats hearing from experienced folks. So, please, how about
it? Can it be done?

TIA,
Julie in SFBA