Old 04-11-2009, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Chickens killing my garden

On 2009-11-03 14:37:56 +0000, Judith in France

On 2009-11-03 11:24:39 +0000, Judith in France
said:

X-No-Archive YES

The bird is called a *Buse, which I presume is a buzzard?

Judith

Yes, according to my online dictionary. *It's also a 'tube'. *;-)

Is that where the word bus comes from? * I know, bad joke! *An omni
bad joke :-)

Judith

You sound like Ray. *When the sky is black and threatening he says
"That looks very omnibus". *;-) *As indeed it does tonight. *It's now
pitch black but just before the light went totally, the view was
monochrome with only the faintest hint of green still in the fields. *
It was a most unusual sight and I wish I could have photographed it but
I doubt it would have registered. It was just like looking at an old
black and white photo that had been very slightly tinted.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.

The weather here is a bit bi-polar!!!! One minute the sky is black,
depressing and then the next all light and sunny! I can't keep up
with the changes today :-) Furthermore there is a lot of blustering
going on, it seems that nature is having a hissy fit.

Judith