Old 05-11-2009, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Chickens killing my garden

On Nov 4, 10:46*pm, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 11:04:33 -0800 (PST), Judith in France

On 2009-11-03 14:37:56 +0000, Judith in France

On 2009-11-03 11:24:39 +0000, Judith in France
said:

X-No-Archive YES

The bird is called a *Buse, which I presume is a buzzard?

Judith

Yes, according to my online dictionary. *It's also a 'tube'. *;-)

Is that where the word bus comes from? * I know, bad joke! *An omni
bad joke :-)

Judith

You sound like Ray. *When the sky is black and threatening he says
"That looks very omnibus". *;-) *As indeed it does tonight. *It's now
pitch black but just before the light went totally, the view was
monochrome with only the faintest hint of green still in the fields. *
It was a most unusual sight and I wish I could have photographed it but
I doubt it would have registered. It was just like looking at an old
black and white photo that had been very slightly tinted.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.

The weather here is a bit bi-polar!!!! *One minute the sky is black,
depressing and then the next all light and sunny! *I can't keep up
with the changes today :-) *Furthermore there is a lot of blustering
going on, it seems that nature is having a hissy fit.

We had a *three hour thunderstorm and torrential rain this evening.

I can't believe that a week ago it was 18C and that we were putting our boat
into hibernation for the winter in the sunshine.
--

Martin

We are closing up the pool for the Winter today, but there is a chance
I shall get blown in. I can't believe that I was swimming in there a
little while ago. Whilst driving from here to Rodez last week, the
temperature went from 12 degrees to 24, that is some fluctuation
considering Rodez is not that far away but it is at a much lower
altitude so obviously they have a more clement climate.

Judith