Old 07-11-2009, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Chickens killing my garden

On 2009-11-07 10:54:53 +0000, Martin said:
snip

Something like "Steady LOL girl chopped about and posted"

No lolling about here!
And speaking of chopping about, we've dug out a longish border and are
trying - ha! - to eradicate bindweed roots and unwanted bluebells.
It's like the Augean Stables! However, it's a good opportunity to do
as good a job as we can on cleaning it out and re-planting it. I have
so many things in mind that I want to put in there that Ray keeps
telling me I'd need a bed about 3 times longer. It's a bed that's up
against one side of the house so we need to be careful of what we plant
in which position. If things that are too tall are planted near
windows we end up living in a sort of green gloom which is like being
in an aquarium! I've developed a passion for the little black Iris
chrysographes, so I know some of those will be going in, along with
much more Thalictrum Hewitt's Double which was there before but not in
a big enough mass. So much to choose from - decisions, decisions!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com