Old 17-04-2003, 11:20 PM
linda mar

Default New member--intro

"Kelly Upton" wrote in message
.net...
I am Very new to the planted tank thing!!! Have only had the plant for
about a week. But, hey, it has put ut a new leaf already!! :-) As far as
aquariums in general, I have helped my hubby run a 90 gal reef for a few
years now. I just wanted to spice up my betta's life with a plant and

more
room to swim. One thing is leading to another........I want more plants
now.

I recommend java fern. they're easy to keep (low light requirement), and
slow growing enough that you don't have to trim all the time.. also there's
the added benefit that you tie them to rocks and wood, so you can make a
in-water-java garden terraces :-)

my betta loves to lean/sit on java fern blades...

linda