View Single Post
  #14   Report Post  
Old 29-11-2009, 06:13 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2000k View Post
Let me tell everyone some thing about the cheap wessex teak also known as ptc imports!!!
I used to work as a driver and first thing i found out is they dont own a factory in indenisior or where ever they say its all brought cheeaply as seconds from abroad they will take your money a rip u off i worked neary 16 hour days for them every day as they uesd to load us with so much work their ware house is a health haszard waiting to happen and they just dont care about there customers i am supprised theyare still going and trading standards have not closed them down BE WARNED ALTHOUGH SOME PEOPLE HAVE HAD GOOD TRADING WITH THEM 7 OUT OF 10 CUSTOMERS ALWAYS COMPLAINED TO ME THAT THINGS WERE MISSING OR BROKEN OR LATE LIKE 6 MONTHS LATE PLEASE SAVE YOUR TIMEAND MONEY AND BUY ELSE WHERE!!!!!!!!
Yeah I'm aware as you will be that there were issues in the past with this company...mainly during the bad old Ebay days. This due to the fact that they weren't really getting the money for the items auctioned as they expected.
Anybody with half a brain can work out that if you are losing money hand over fist then at some point something has to give, and that is why it turned belly up back then...
Times have moved on since then. Some staff who were exacerbating the problems have been sacked and the company has become wiser. No company will ever be perfect, but even I've got to say that wessexteak have improved a lot.
We still work long hours, although I'm off at the moment (low season and broken foot). I used to moan a lot about long hours, but I've become more philosophical, as better long hours, than unemployed.
And yes it was a sh1tty warehouse, but hard as you might find it to believe, that's a thing of the past too...that particular West Horndon warehouse is now closed...
And the new one doesn't leak.
Whether or not they own, or ever owned a factory in Indonesia is immaterial really, if the furniture you get in is ok and the customer is happy, and most nowadays are, then that is all that matters.
I know there's times we all despaired at the thought of yet another long day...but if you remember me you'll know that being 'Mr Scotland' I often had the longest days of the lot.
I'm happy that things have improved, I am also happy that there's less 'issues', there's nothing worse than not being able to make people happy...

It wasn't great back then, I know, but I would have to say your information is very out of date with regard to the current situation.

They've improved a lot, really.

Ray.