Old 15-12-2009, 03:35 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
[email protected] martine.peters@uqo.ca is offline

Default Cold!

On 14 déc, 20:42, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Ace hardware has a thermometer set that includes a remote, on-a-wire
waterproof sensor. Placed next to the pond, that lets us read both an
air temp and a water temp...from inside!

Early Christmas gift for Phyllis?

Jim

Hi,
I would also love that type of thermometer. Can you tell me the brand
so I can look for it in my area?
Here in Ottawa Canada, my pond is completely snowed under except for a
two by two feet hole where my bubbler is. I have been piling snow on
the pond for the last week (we have been getting quite a lot), hoping
it will insulate it as I have left koi and water lilies in the bottom
(2 feet deep). It is the first winter for the pond and already I can't
wait for spring to see what will survive the winter. Right now, I'm
very envious of all of you who get to enjoy your ponds year long!
Martine