Old 18-04-2003, 12:32 PM
Perry Noid

Default Strange problem with Riding mower

Patch wrote:

I've got a 15.5 Hp Tecumseh engine that is hard to crank. I replaced the
battery, solenoid & starter. It cranks better since I replaced the starter,
but it still has a problem. It just barely turns the engine over. The
battery cable & solenoid feel hot when cranking. If I pull the spark plug
the engine will turn over by hand with no problem, so it's not a matter of
the engine binding. I thought it might be carbon build-up in the combustion
chamber so I ran a compression check. The starter was straining before the
pressure even got to 50 lbs. With the spark plug out it cranks very fast. I
don't have a clue as to what to check next. Any ideas folks?

The "friend" who wants to take it off your hands cheap has sabotaged it
in a way easy to fix that only he knows, but has fooled your other
honest friend (who always admits when he is wrong) that it was his
fault. The saboteur will then pretend he is doing you a big favor taking
it off your hands, then later claim he and another "friend" rebuilt it
with great skill and huge expense while keeping the innocent fooled into
being very apologetic about ruining your mower. They will then spend the
next 10 years coming up with excuses to remind you of that mower, as
long as you were fooled that is.

Tho that's probably not the kind of answer you were looking for ;oD

I'd feel the intake to see if it's sucking air and the exhaust for
blowing air, could be a "friend" blocking it ;oD