Old 03-01-2010, 05:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Pond Predator Unk

Lucky me - two GBHs yesterday. Leaf netting remains until the spring though
I did manage to lose one fish in spite of this. The GBH was unable to pull
the fish through the netting and I found it, decapitated, lying on the
pond's edge, underneath the netting.

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
~ jan wrote:
On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 09:21:57 EST, "JB" wrote:

GBH seen pond side this morning. Here we go again. sigh

Why I started leaving my screens on all winter. Predator protection, a
bit of insulation that holds the heat in, keeps winter flying debris out.
Lots less worry for me... #1. ;-) ~ jan

Herons have been around for about 15 million years. A lot longer than us.

The government saying we can't kill, hurt or scare them ensures they'll
still be here when we're gone. ;-(

Happy ponding in 2010!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061