Old 14-01-2010, 08:59 AM
atropica atropica is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by devadoss View Post
Hi! I want to know how big an insulin plant grows, how long it lives and how we can market the plant products commercially. I am a diabetic who wants to use the plant leaves personally and share the benefits of this plant with others. Can some one help with details of cultivation of insulin plants in India?
devadoss.
The name Costus igneus is now obsolete although sometimes still used in the trade. The new name is Chamaecostus cuspidatus and it makes a very good potted conservatory plant as the stems only grow to 60cm and it readily flowers if kept above 10C.
Attached Thumbnails
Insulin Plant-costus-cuspidatus-1.jpg