Old 28-01-2010, 10:27 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Leylandii for burning?

"John L" wrote in message
Cross-posted to DIY and to Gardening:

A bit late to ask because I've just finished sawing up about half a ton!
However there is another ton to come.

What's leylandii like as a fuel (open fire, and/or wood burner)?

I'm not intending using it until next winter.

Cheers
John

Getting the green stuff off theboughs is a real pain - hardly worth the
effort for theamount of useable timber available. The green fronds burn
ferociously and care is needed. As for the logs, can't say as I've never
used them for house heating. On a garden fire the logs do not burn very
well at all.

Bill