Old 28-01-2010, 11:06 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Leylandii for burning?

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
John L wrote:

What's leylandii like as a fuel (open fire, and/or wood burner)?

Fine for wood burner as others have said.

I would say be very careful, I would not describe it as "fine" for a
woodburner if you have a sliding damper on the front of your stove. It will
spit out of it across the room, in my experience.
I tried conifer wood once, I'm glad I was not out for a few hours, it
sparked out from the tiny hole in the damper and set my carpet on fire when
I was upstairs. Never again.

Tina