Old 29-01-2010, 03:11 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Gib Bogle Gib Bogle is offline

Default Leylandii for burning?

Steve Firth wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

I would say be very careful, I would not describe it as "fine" for a
woodburner if you have a sliding damper on the front of your stove. It will
spit out of it across the room, in my experience.

I burn leylandii in a wood burner without problems. The woodburner has a
sliding damper on the front. Since the damper is within an anclosure
that is made of the same steel as the woodburner it is hard to see how
it could be "spit out of it across the room".

"spit out of it" is not the same as "spit it out"
It's the burning wood that spits out.