Old 18-04-2003, 11:08 PM
animaux

Default Going bats! Bathouse questions....

How do you know out of all the people who may have bathouses not one is
occupied? Did you ask every person in the entire state? I've had our bathouse
up for the second year now, and there are bats! WildBirds Unlimited told us to
hang a sock with bat guano on the pole with the bathouse and it will get them
there sooner. The Boy Scouts discovered this in their own research project.

On 17 Apr 2003 10:11:13 -0700, (mypet) wrote:

I've been doing some further research and have come to find that there
are no reported bats that have occupied bat houses in AL. None.
Bathouses hanging all over the place, but no takers. We have family
in MS that wanted to know if there is anyone claiming success or
failure there? Anybody know? Next, in finding out how to attract
purple martins we realize we have not got the correct habitat to do
that either! So, we have eliminated two of the best skeeter eaters.
Just wanted to post the bathouse thing as it had not been previously
posted here.