Old 16-02-2010, 03:12 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Arguments

Trish Brown wrote:
SG1 wrote:

The other day I left the tank water tap on when giving the dogs a
drink.

Bugger!

The rain atm is helping to make up for my booboo. The pumpkins are
going beserk.

I reckon you could probably see them growing if you were willing to
stand there for an hour or so and watch. DH is about to go out and
build a trellisy arrangment to keep the vines out of the rose garden.
Talk about peripatetic! (The vines, not the husband...)

DH? Dear Hubby? You have to watch those initialisms.

I once was at a meeting which included social policy types who were talking
about DSEs when another bloke whispered to me "why are they talking about
sheep?" I had to explain that they meant Designated Spouse Equivalents not
Drenched Sheep Equivalents.

Then there was the time I got into terrible trouble talking about
Predetermined Motion Time Standards (I am not making this up it actaully
happened).

David