Old 17-02-2010, 12:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
[email protected] mjciccarel@gmail.com is offline

Default Is there anyone still here, I need help!

I have to replace all (9) of my hybrid tea roses thanks to the Deer. I
have had black spot in the past and want to know if I can treat the
soil with anything to try to prevent it in my new roses. I plan to
rake off all the mulch / leaves but is that enough? Can I re use the
same mulch? I am thinking probably not, but can that be treated as
well? Should I use something as simple as bleach and water or a
stronger chemical mix? I am putting up an electric fence to keep the
deer out this year. Not happy with how that is going to look but I
have tried everything else. I know it has been a long winter but maybe
if we start talking about spring it will come sooner
Thanks in advance,
MJ