Old 19-02-2010, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes[_2_] June Hughes[_2_] is offline

Default walking boots-- which are good?

In message , Gopher
writes
In message , June Hughes
writes
In message , john bently
writes
Now i have retired I would like to start walking. Would anyone know of a
good place to see some *critical* reviews of the different walking boots
available please? Apparently the last consumers association review was done
way back in april 2006.

Or would anyone know of some boots (preferably not too expensive) that are
generally believed by many people to be a good buy? Thanks for any advice.

I have some very good walking shoes by Merrill. They are like
trainers only heavier and are waterproof as well as being warm. they
are lighter than the leather boots I have for walking and give a good
support. The cost was around 70GBP but they may have gone up in price
a little since 2008, when I bought mine. HTH

If it hasn't been mentioned before, there is a newsgroup for walkers
which offers an FAQ on boots and walking footwear. May I suggest you
subscribe and post to uk.rec.walking. The group is extremely
knowledgeable and very helpful.

The op cross-posted to a selection of groups (including uk.rec.walking).
Hence the whole selection of groups except this one being stripped out
in my reply. If he is that interested, which I doubt, he will look here
for an answer.
--
June Hughes