Old 19-02-2010, 01:03 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Hydroponics and Ponds

We haven't tried farming, but we do empty the 1-2" of sludge from our
two 4 x 8 veggie filters onto the lawn. Big green! Should work fine
for your plants to grow them in the waste.

My 8 foot aquarium in my office has philadendron growing out of it.
The roots are in a 2 liter bottle. The plants run six ft above the
tank for the full length of it. They do not pull enough of the
nutrients to pull out the other filter means. It does grow really
well.

Jim