Old 22-02-2010, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.hiking
PeterC[_2_] PeterC[_2_] is offline

Default walking boots-- which are good?

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:26:47 +0000, Peter Clinch wrote:

PeterC wrote:

They'd have to be expensive wellies, so that they could be adjusted and
laced up the leg. I wear wellies v. rarely as the tops slap against my
varicous veins and also can cause soreness on the leg.

Are the Whernside Wellies still around?

Not familiar with WWs, but if it's a traditional wellie's height that's
a problem something like Nokian Trimmis (quite a bit lower at the height
of a high walking boot) might get you by that (I don't know exactly
where your veins cause you problems). Sadly not a great shape for my feet.

Pete.

The veins are affected almost anywhere on my R leg, so any wellie would
need to be a snug fit.
T'other thing about wellies: not too resistant to glass, metal, barbed wire
etc., whereas boots might suffer some damage but are unlikely to be cut.
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.