Old 23-02-2010, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.hiking
Andy Leighton Andy Leighton is offline

Default walking boots-- which are good?

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 07:40:52 -0800, SMS wrote:
Christopher Loffredo wrote:

Though many, including myself, dislike Gore-Tex in a boot.

That's the first time I've _ever_ heard of _anyone_ disliking GoreTex in
a boot.

I prefer a plain leather boot without goretex lining.

You'll only find a lack of a GoreTex membrane on very low end boots,
which have other limitations as well, such as sub-standard sole, or
cheaper, non-full grain leather.

That is complete rubbish. My Zamberlans (don't know the model) don't have
goretex and they were definately not a low-end boot.

--
Andy Leighton =
- Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_