Old 19-04-2003, 05:20 AM
Cass

Default Kew Rambler (Cass!) Climbing Red Rose?

In article , tsmay
wrote:

"Ol' Thornfinger" wrote in message
Oh, how fortunate! Vintage Gardens is a very good place, you will not
regret buying from them, IMO. I just checked their website for Kew
Rambler and nothing there tells me that they sell a budded Kew Rambler.

It doesn't say specifically that the Kew they sell is own root:

http://www.vintagegardens.com/cgi-bi...RM_OUT=kew&id=
1i2b0a1j2e1f

...but on their homepage, it says that they are an "Own Root Nursery",
so I'm assuming that all their plants are...Looks interesting, might just
have to check it out.

Hi,
I just recieved my little but soon to be giant Kew Rambler from
Vintage Gardens. It look as happy as can be in its little banded pot.
They have told me that it IS own root. Yeah!

Great! Transplant the baby ASAP. This year I made the mistake of using
too heavy a potting mix. Don't do it! They've been growing in a really
light mix, so keep your potting mix nice and light.