Old 05-03-2010, 12:04 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Hydroponics and Ponds

Here in Milwaukee we get to hear all the time about fish/plant combos due
to Will
Allens thing he's got going.
http://www.yesmagazine.org/issues/fo...-power-in-an-u
rban-food-desert
he got a MacArthur Foundation “genius” fellowship award. they sell t
he food locally
and to restaurants.

I have just tucked a couple tomatoes into my veggie filter and they grow
gangbusters
BUT.... they just dont get enough sun to get a good crop of ripe tomatoes
.. I guess I
should try lettuce or maybe even peas that can crawl up the screen.
http://weloveteaching.com/mypond/changes/changes2.htm

Ingrid
Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan
on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago