Old 19-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Kay Easton

Default Caterpillars on Hollyhocks

In article . hx, Kostas
Kavoussanakis writes
On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Sue wrote:

"Hussein M." wrote
Kostas Kavoussanakis wrote:
(time to spray the roses with sulphur anyway)

Is that a remedy for rust?

http://www.backyardgardener.com/pren/pg70.html

That's not the initial page I read, btw (so there's more :-)

... and can I ask if that rust is the same as rust on other plants, or are
these different diseases for specific species? Thanks.

I think that I read (after the previous answers on my problem) that
Hollyhocks and Marrows share this kind of rust, which is specific to
them.

Obviously not an expert.

Are you sure you meant 'marrows' and not 'mallows'?
Hollyhocks are in the mallow family (mallow as in marshmallow, which
used to be made from IIRC the roots of the marsh mallow plant)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: