Old 13-03-2010, 03:19 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Hydroponics and Ponds

Joe,

I'm a hobbyist only. Two hives are the most I've ever had. There's a topbar
hive blogger on the Internet that takes you through the entire process
they've followed. I think he's still posting. Anyway, if you haven't found
him already, search for "topbarhive" and I think that should lead you to
him. I've been surprised that my bees don't seem to be very interested in
water lilies. They're fragrant and have lots of pollen but I guess their
preference is with other plants.

Good luck.

--
"Joe" wrote in message

JB wrote:

Never fear! In addition to my pond, I raise bees.

Do you raise them for fun or profit? I've been contemplating a top bar
hive
for my yard. I live in the city, but the back of my property abuts a
canyon
and I thought I could put one back there without annoying my neighbors too
much.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.