Old 19-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Penny S.

Default need some soil amendment advice, I think.

Callie N. wrote:
Soils that are "alive" with microbes will break down organic matter
(ie. dead root balls) more quickly. When chemicals are applied to kill
weeds, they also kill the other life in the soil. At this point, you
need to focus on building up the life in the soil. This is best done
with a natural, nutrient-packed product. The only organic product that
I have found that actually works is made by a company called
Terralife. Their website: www.save-a-tree.com

Good luck!
Callie N.

I didn't specifically ask for chemicals now, did I ;-)

So you are recommended top dressing with compost then, or what? I'm not
clear. The site you recommeded really wasnt' that helpful... tree food or
some pages under constuction.

thanks

Penny S