Old 16-03-2010, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Ceanothus cuttings

"Timothy Murphy" wrote in message
Is this a reasonable time to take ceanothus cuttings;
and if so is what is the best way to do this?

I have a ceanothus bush or rather tree in Dublin
which provides a remarkable show of light blue
blossom;
and I want to see if I can plant some children in
Italy.

A few years ago I followed the advice in Dr. Hessayon's
"The Tree & Shrub Expert - "Plant cuttings in a cold
frame in Summer". He doesn't differentiate between
evergreen or deciduous varieties with regard to
propagation, so summer cuttings should be favourite for
both.

Bertie