Old 16-03-2010, 05:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Chumley Chumley is offline

Default Looking for old friends and pond page links

In article ,
Chip wrote:

Chumley wrote:

Warmer is always better. Given that getting anywhere is just a
planetrip, have you considered the Southwest (suggested because of
comparable cost of living)? Hot in the Summer in some areas, but not
that terrible humidity you probably know and love ;-)

Cost of living is not all that different here in the SW. You, of
course, can buy show shovels, windshield ice scrapers, and heavy
overcoats very cheaply at any thrift store. Things that are radically
different are humidity and flying bugs- almost a total lack there of.

The summers- May to Oct- can be beastly hot, depends a lot on elevation.
Even Tucson has snow skiing about an hour away up Mt. Lemmon. The
rest of the year varies between wonderful and beautiful. An ideal
situation is to snow-bird. Here for the winter, back home for the summer.

If family wasn't all here in Phoenix-Las Vegas, I would move to San
Diego as near to the beach as $$$$$$ allow. The weather is near ideal
year round and has enough of a culture base to make it interesting.

Chip

With you on the heat. I was thinking of a place like Sedona or (better)
Flagstaff. Santa Fee is one of my favorite all-time places. Tucson &
Phoenix are Satan's Inferno in the Summer.

San Diego is nice, but pricey. Way out of the range for people used to
Midwest and South home prices.

Reel:
Atlanta's a pretty town. Lot going on there, too, though I think we
probably have different ideas of what "mild" is compared to where I live
in Ventura, CA. LOL.

A web hosting company I work with is based there, so chat often about
local weather, etc. with the staff.

Family for you is a major consideration.