Old 18-03-2010, 09:55 PM
girlwithagarden girlwithagarden is offline
Registered User

Yes, the original guy would be completely insane to buy from Wessex Teak. Anyone would . They are rude, dishonest and it's taken nearly 9 months to get my money back - through the courts in the end. They shouted and swore down the phone, delivered faulty products (and replaced them with faulty products) and made more delivery dates than I can remember. They move premises, presumably to avoid the bailiffs and just aren't worth even considering. DON'T EVEN THINK OF BUYING FROM THIS COMPANY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboy9i View Post
What a load of toss. first it isn't poorly built furniture, though some of it could be better, I admit. That's because the workers in Indonesia are varied in their skill levels.
As a former driver for wessexteak I can say this from experience.

Secondly I am no cowboy and I am quite prepared to take any action necessary to make that clear, so please to be aware that flapping your mouth with highly inaccurate statements can and does have consequences.
it is an insult after the number of times I have bent over backwards for customers, some of who were quite unreasonable,when sometimes every fibre of my being was saying who does this nasty person think they are talking to. It was sometimes difficult to resist the temptation to slap some people into the middle of next week.
I was not there to be abused regardless of whatever issues the customer had with the company...I DID MY PART!!!

Idiots who go out shopping when expecting a delivery WTF
people who buy self-assembly furniture (put some legs on) and then its too difficult for them. Sometimes I wondered how some people managed to breathe in the morning, they seemed that stupid.

and then there's people like you, fair enough inspect the furniture by all means, but keeping a driver waiting and getting them to put furniture together is not part of their remit. Try doing that with IKEA and watch your furniture disappear down the road as your furniture is listed as 'Refused'

There are other customers to service, most waiting in to get their delivery and YOU are making them wait even longer quite apart form the fact that people like you made my working day last from 5am often through past midnight.

Ther's nothing wrong with the majority of the furniture, though some people expect house of fraser for Oxfam prices...

I've always felt the same about the furniture if you dont mind a little prep work sometimes, say sanding the edge of the odd table where the indonesians didn't quite do it 100% smooth then its good enough.
If you aren't up to anything practical at all then go get ripped off by a so-called top class shop and pay through the nose for your ineptitude, its as simple as that.

I really dont think it is the most clever idea in the world though to call a bloke who carries weights in excess of 85KG on a regular basis a cowboy and I wonder if you would do that during the delivery. I personally most people would look pretty stupid trying to stop a 98KG 3.5m heavy teak table that was flying in their direction.

You might want to consider that in future.