Old 19-03-2010, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ceanothus cuttings

In article ,
says...

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
In article says...

I have a ceanothus bush or rather tree in Dublin
which provides a remarkable show of light blue
blossom;
and I want to see if I can plant some children in
Italy.

The best options are cuttings under mist March to
July
Cuttings under low white polythene tunnels in the
ground in June or
cuttings in the cold frame in october, but you may
get some take at any
time so if you only want one give it a go!

Use semi hard matrial and avoid doing it when in
flower
--

All very well, but the poster also wants to plant some
children in Italy -

Probable the best place for them, perhaps he could take mine and make a
hedge!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk