Old 24-03-2010, 09:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dan Musicant Dan Musicant is offline

Default Tomatoes - Ace versus Early Girl versus ?

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:31:19 -0700, Dan Musicant
wrote:

:My main problem with the tomatoes at the moment is just that I can't
:find a 6 pack of Early Girl. Seems that all the Orchard Supply Hardware
:stores in the area aren't stocking them currently.
:
oes anyone know of a source of tomato 6 packs (Early Girl is what I'm
:after) in the S.F. East Bay's I80 corridor? I'm driving from Berkeley to
:Milpitas tomorrow and could make a stop for seedlings. Thanks for any
:ideas. Suggest a store and I will call it.
:
an

A manager at my local OSH just called me and told me that in 2 days
(Friday) they will have 6 packs of Early Girl. He said the supplier was
later than usual due to the heavy rains. I'm skeptical concerning that
explanation (kept that to myself), but thanked him. I'll go in Friday
(after calling them to confirm) and hope to finally score my seedlings.

Dan

Email: dmusicant at pacbell dot net