Old 19-04-2003, 06:56 PM

Default 14.99 Orchids.. Good Deal?

When the ancient war dogs did battle on 19 Apr 2003 02:34:30 GMT,
(Iris Cohen) did speak the following bit of wisdom:

Run, do not walk, from anything just labeled Phalaenopsis, Cattleya
orchid, etc.

Why Iris?

It's the difference between a purebred, registered dog and a mutt from the
SPCA. They both have value, but if you are going to put the time, effort, &
growing space into growing an orchid, why not have one you can breed with & put
in a show if you choose to in the future? Also, if the plant is labeled
properly, you have a much better indication of how big it will grow and what
conditions it needs. If you buy an unlabeled plant that is not in bloom, you
have no idea what the flowers will look like.

Oh... Okay... Fair enough. I can't agree with the dog analogy (and
that's off-topic anyway), but your point is well taken...

* * * * *
Karen C.
Southern CT / USDA Zone 6
Spammers be damned! I can't be emailed from this account...

"Gardeners know all the best dirt!"