Old 19-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Starlord

Default Keeping a Messy Garden

My garden is out in a field next to the trailer park I live in, and while I try
to keep the weeds and grass from growing over my Iris and other plants, I let
the weeds and grass's and whatevers grow in the rest of the area that gets
watered by me. I've even taken some chairs people had put by the dumpster and
set them out in the area so I can sit and just relax out there.

Yet a guy who moved into a trailer about 1.5 months ago and who I'd sware goes
out with a ruler and checks how tall each blade of grass is on the postage stamp
size lawn he has, has had the gall to say my garden is a trash heap! BUT, the
roses left from the last guy are not blooming and right now I've got a load of
Iris blooming, my canna are coming up and will be blooming by July/Aug., my ice
plant is covered with flowers. He also griped that my yard is a mess, well it
is, I've got bags of steer manure, potting soil, pots with seedlings of canna
cosmos, Dahlias, and other plants and all the pots I've collected over the last
5 years and I've got the greenest Elm trees in the park too.

So I'll enjoy my flowers in my "Trash heap" of a garden!

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
Starlord's Personal Page
http://starlord-personal.netfirms.com

"Shiva" wrote in message
s.com...
I have a friend who hacks her roses down to stumps every year. I just
cut off what looks diseased. I have blooms now and she doesn't even
have buds.

She spends hours scraping stuff out from under her shrubs, and cutting
out parts of them that she "doesn't like the looks of.". I stuff
leftover oak leaves and other yard garbage under all of them and never
look back. They get lots of water and some food, and always look
great.

---