Old 04-04-2010, 03:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
sharoncapps sharoncapps is offline

Default grass clippings

Thank you Martin, I will keep that in mind.
Sharon in Mn
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
I don't have a professional opinion, however I have heard that
composting material consumes nitrogen. I'd compost it for use
later in the summer.

Martin

sharoncapps wrote:
Hi, I wonder if any one knows if you can put your grass clippings and
mulched up leaves around the roses. Can they be right up to the base of
the rose or do you need to keep it away from the base. I like to use my
grass clippings for mulch. Thanks for any responses.
Sharon in MN