Old 17-04-2010, 01:05 PM
souwesterly souwesterly is offline
Registered User

Default Tornado Pond Vacuum - utterly useless

It's about 4 years since there was a thread on this subject, so I thought it might be time to resusitate it for the benefit of people today.

The Tornado Pond Vac is one of the biggest wastes of money I've come across recently.

When you assemble it, the first thing is that the hose connection won't match a standard Hozelok connector. When you try to replace it, you'll find that the nearest match or Hozelok fitting, is a UK thread size.......so you'll need to wind the thing in with a wrench to get a watertight fit. That coupling will never come off now....
Connect to the hose and turn it on - water will immediately begin shooting out of the collecting bag and soaking everything within range.
Ok - so put it in the pond and submerse it to collect the old dead leaves and stuff off the bottom of the pond.
Immediately the pond fills with stirred up gunge and now resembles a drain rather than a clean pond.
Then, if there are leaves in the pond, the chances are that they'll block the suction end - but you won't know this until you lift it out of the water.
Should you by any chance manage to get any rubbish into the bag, you've then got to turn the bag inside out to empty it.
And apart from the rubbish, you'll probably also have picked up snails and small water animals - even small fish., which doesn't do them a lot of good. Your hands are now covered in mucky bits from the bag too.

If you haven't by now thrown the thing away, now is the time to do so, before you lose your cool completely.

Do not waste even the time of day to look at their adverts and certainly don't spend any money on this piece of total rubbish.

That's better....saved me from kicking the cat!