Old 21-04-2010, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.hiking
Puppet_Sock Puppet_Sock is offline

Default walking boots-- which are good?

On Apr 21, 4:54*am, Peter Clinch wrote:
SMS wrote:
For ice climbing this is the case, but for XC skiing the trousers won't
be damaged by anything

My XC skis have steel edges. *Which I sharpen occasionally. *They'll
carve up lightweight overtrousers easily enough.

Heh. I just had a flash of ninja ski warriors, trekking through the
snow in their *white* ninja gear, with spring loaded knife edges
on their skis. And flame throwing ski poles. And avalanche tiggering
secret chants. And polar bear summoning. Oooh! Maybe a good
idea for a comic book.
Socks