Old 22-04-2010, 08:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default OT Hanging tomato

Phyllis and Jim wrote:

-snip-

Has anyone had experience with the hanging tomatos?

Not upside down-- but tomatoes in containers are a challenge already.
Tomatoes like to feed heavily, and like a *steady* supply of *not too
moist* soil.

If you've got even a single square foot of lawn you'd give up, plant
one in the ground, feed it with tomato food, mulch well, and put a
cage around it to keep it aired out. Then pray for hot, humid
weather. Our summers have been so cold the past 3 years I've barely
gotten enough tomatoes for salads-- let alone giving away & making
salsa, & chili sauce.

Jim