Old 20-04-2003, 05:20 AM
Mort

Default sunrise/sunset

"Madd Hatter" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Where can I buy the Blue lights? home Depot?

The Blue ones I am referring to came from my LFS.

Check out the coralife brand.

~Mort

"Mort" wrote in message

"Christopher" wrote in message
hlink.net...
In my 125g I have 6 20 watt bulbs, 2 are actinic 03 and four are

powerglow.
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about turning on (via a timer)

the
two blue actinic lights say 30 minutes before you turn on all the

lights
and
leave them on for 30 minutes after the powerglo's turn off. This

could
simulate sunrise/sunset. Anyone have any experience? Did you use

actinic
blue or another color? I woulnd't be adverse to putting in a fourth

set
of
lights for the purpose of the sunrise/sunset part. What is a good

color?
like the blue because its not too bright even though its 40W over a

125g,
the equivalent wattage of powerglo's makes it bright (not a dim
sunrise/sunset). Should I step down to a smaller bulb for this and

put
in
say a 10W ballast in each light hood?

Thanks

I do the exact same thing with my 180. I have 2 actinic bulbs in the

back
and 2 regular bulbs from HD in the fron. I manually turn on the blues

ones
first for about 10 minutes before the white ones and turn off the blue

ones
last at night. That way they dont get freaked out.

~Mort