Old 28-04-2010, 02:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default pond Cleaning

Our pond is now over 10 years old. Never drained. I haven't read the
article, but it seems a bit crazy to me. Our pump pushes the
droppings up to the berm ponds to drain and we net out the big stuff
from the lowest point each spring. That is all. The pond system is
about 4,000 gal.

Cleaning and scrubbing seems quite unnecessary. The algae coating of
the walls and time tend to help it stabilize. Scrubbing would start
the whole cycling again! I would have that.

Others may have a good rationale for pulling the pond down each year.
Personally, it seems unnecessary to me.

Jim