Old 02-05-2010, 01:16 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default pond Cleaning

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:10:16 EDT, Peter Pan wrote:

My pond is 40" in the center and although i had a net on it last fall,
...........snip..........
can someone please set me straight on this and suggest a decent
filtration system my pond is roughly 3200 gal +

Hi Peter,

Many of us have done DIYS filters. You can see mine at the website below.
You will need containers larger than mine (or more of them), since you have
twice the pond. The important thing? Put in a retrofit bottom drain... and
you might as well include a skimmer if you do not have one.

I never drain my ponds, I do use a shop vac for heavy stuff that doesn't
make its way into the prefilter (mechanical) spring & fall. I use window
screening to cover in winter as it keeps all but fine stuff out. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us