Old 20-04-2003, 06:56 AM
Robert Flory

Default effort in clearing up hazy water... will this do?

brewers yeast and sugar, unless you want to go fancy and use wine yeast,
then you can filter it and drink it when you are done, or so some claim.

Bob
"linda mar" wrote in message
Hi,

should I air-bubble it overnight? or just leave it sitting?

Either way, a couple of gallons should entirely outgas overnight,
particularly if you start with hot water.

ok. hot water.. will let you know how it turns out...

waaa :-( too much hardware... my tank is essentially free-standing,

so
more tubes will not be easily routed, not to mention not much floor

space
left inside the tank...

Don't sweat it. A 2-liter juice bottle with an airline from the cap
straight to your powerhead, that's it. You can set the juice bottle on

top
of the tank. We'll talk about it later. How big is the tank?

tank is 37G (footprint is equivalent to 29G.. 30x12x22)..

hmm 2-liter soda bottle on top of tank? not sure about that one.. aside
from the aesthetics, given how flimsy the plastic center brace of the tank
is, I'd be a little hesitant to put more weight on top of it.. (I'm not
entirely convinced that the glass hood and the light fixture isn't already
over-stressing it.. not very sturdy... I wish I had known about other tank
manufacturers other than AGA that doesn't have center brace for this size
tank... oh well). aside from that, the only space left on top would be
where I open the lid to feed fish... would using something like Flourish
Excel be better? I guess that just gets too expensive after a while...

will
bottle under the tank with one-way check valve work instead of putting on
top? I assume this is some sort of yeast brew?

may be shutting out the sunlight completely for a week in the room will
clear the water :-P and not worry about CO2 :-P (one can always hope!).

oh.
the tank doesn't get direct sunlight, but the room is pretty bright...
(large windows)

linda