Old 06-05-2010, 01:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,sci.chem
Frank Frank is offline

Default Report on chemicals out today

I'm not going to wade through the whole thing:

http://deainfo.nci.nih.gov/advisory/pcp/pcp.htm

but I glanced at top report and see fallacious statement up front that
talks about the 80,000 chemicals in the US market that are largely untested.

The number is suspiciously close to the number of chemicals on the TSCA
inventory and those of us familiar with industry know that registration
does not mean the chemical is in use and also know that the bulk of
these materials are polymers and essentially innocuous.