Old 06-05-2010, 04:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
PtePike PtePike is offline

Default Potato planting date

Allan Matthews wrote in
:

About how many days before the last frost date can potatoes be
planted? TIA, allan

I dont know the answer to you question, but ideally you should have planted
before now!
I am in UK N.Lincs and have had mine earlies in for over a month now and
maincrop about 3 weeks.

My dad always planted earlies on Good Friday and as we know that date can
vary year to year but we always had new spuds a couple of weeks into June.

Good luck to you I think you will be successful if you make a start soon.

PtePike