Old 20-04-2003, 06:08 AM
Harry Muscle

Default Algea in the undergravel filter (on purpose)

I was just reading one of the post on the krib
(http://www.thekrib.com/Filters/algae-ugf.html) about growing algea in an
undergravel filter. It apparently eliminated the algea bloom usuall
ountered when setting up a new tank, as well as preventing algea from
ever setting in (I know you can prevent algea by over planting and making
sure the plants grow perfectly, however, this method seems really
interesting too, without the need to control everything just so). I was
wondering if the original poster (Wright Huntley) might still be around and
maybe have an update for us as to how things have turned out over the last
two years. Or if he's not around, maybe we could discuss this idea a bit.
What does everyone think of it? Does it seem reasonable?

Thanks,
Harry